PDA

View Full Version : Official POG III at the Rally Thread

MangoMike
04-23-2007, 11:37 PM
The East Coast contingent arrived today direct from Houston.

Thanks to JDUB for putting us up for an evening of Smoked BBQ and live country music at the first annual Hanger Party. There were more busses represented at Hanger One than at the POG I. Great foreplay for POG III.

Arial Photo platform thanks to JDUB's hanger mate, Bill.

Kerrville is terrific and it's shaping up to be a great week.

Mango

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Mike thanks for that post. I was beginning to think everyone left their cameras at home.

Your new H-3 is easy to spot from the air, that could be bad. Is that Gary and Peggy I see there too, in plastic?

Keep the posts comming.

dalej
04-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Jon, Lew and I were traveling about a hour ahead of the rest of the group that left Houston.

I ask Jan to take a shot from our roof hatch to get an angle that you hardly see.

PS JDUB really put on a nice event at his airplane hanger. Thanks Jerry!

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Check out Lew over there in the show off lane, just as level as can be:)

Lookin good:cool:

BrianE
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Tuesday: POG 3, Day 2

Yesterday we were visited by Kevin in his brand new KW 2000 and VERY blingy race trailer. Kevin was returning from a double race win at Birmingham, AL. A very happy guy who was obviously under the gun to get his rig back to California where he is scheduled for another big race at Fontana next weekend.

Good luck Team Erion!

MangoMike
04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Good job to Kevin and his team.

Winning is sure sweet.

And we thought that Kevin was just an expert in carpet extraction.

mm

Kevin Erion
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Gang, back in the office and sure wish I didn't have to leave. My co-driver said that I wasn't the same after we got on I 10 west from Kerrville. As I am sure you all can understand that although I am looking forward to another weekend at the track, this time with the bus and family, having to leave my extended family behind was very sad.
Have a GREAT time! It sure was nice to see everyone and I can't wait for
POGIV.
Kevin

garyde
04-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Kevin. It was great that you could stop . Looking forard to seeing you and your family oon. gary and lise

dalej
04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
We were enjoying POG 3 and came across this situation that we thought should be brought to the attention of the leaders of the POG. There was a bad smell coming from the bus that was parked close by. We have a photo of the area where we think the smell is coming from, but we need you to tell us what you think we should do....here is the photo.

bill&jody
04-24-2007, 10:54 PM
this is very gross . . . . ewwwwwwwwwww . . . .

truk4u
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Hello, Mr. A-1, they said only fixed sewer adapters! Is this the TN version of fixed and by the way, I'm behind you and it smells like JDUB after a Taco feeding!:eek:

dale farley
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
While DaleJ was solving the mystery of the smelly bus, Jim Keller and I were doing something more productive. We had our picture made with our buddy Jon. We are now qualified to work on our own coach.

lewpopp
04-24-2007, 11:09 PM
From the looks of the color of the coach, the owner knows how to keep the exterior pristine, including the slack adjusters, but he doesn't know SH-T about dumping. He said he was short all his life.

dalej
04-24-2007, 11:10 PM
bill&jody,

We agree that this is a very serious situation but since it a newer coach, I think it's a 97 vintage Liberaty, it seems that the sewer or black water hose at the Libratarians call it, is a bit short.

It looks like the owners let the stuff run from the end of the hose only to find the hole in the ground. ewwwwwww.......

So should I say somthing or just let it go?

MangoMike
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't want to be the first to throw stones, but it seems like that POGGer should give up his secret handshake. ;)

mm

mikedee
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
We are not going to make the rally. Our power steering repair and clean up, new windshields at Prevost Dallas, poor weather conditions, and a board reported toxic waste spill at Kerrville TX along with a full schedule with my business have forced us North of all directions.

We regret not meeting everyone as we enjoy the group on the net and look forward to meeting all of you personally.

jello_jeep
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey Mike, too bad you and Dee can't make it, we were looking forward to it!!

Hope to see you soon..

dalej
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
There was a nice ride around this area that a few of us went on yesterday. We had Bill and Jody, Tom and Nancy, Chris Yates (our tour guide) Liberty Dave and Dave and then Jan and I.

bill&jody
04-27-2007, 12:06 AM
it was a great ride with perfect weather. here is the missing bike from the previous posted pic.
also, while at lunch in leakey, tx we noticed jon's crew had also stopped. seems his company trucks are not held to the same shiny standards as his coach. hmmmmmmm. we figured he would want to know.

bill&jody
04-27-2007, 12:23 AM
. . . or Happy Birthday, Donna. Who knew that this lethal combination (Diet Coke, Mentos and a few crazy guys) could be such a messy blast? Thanks for all the planning for an amazing show! Now go take a shower!
Now all you who missed this . . . I'm not sure we can explain.
Jody

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, I know that most of you that attended the POG III Rally already got your DVD pictures of the event, but in case J.S. did not have your physical address to send you the DVD, I finally got the chance to put it on-line.

Check it out. :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/POGIIIRallyBuckhornLakeRVResortKervilleTX?authkey= wcmKk8Qe5ws

Gary S.

bill&jody
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks, Gary,
It is really nice to have a collection of pics from a really good time! Great job and thanks for getting it out for all of us.
Jody