PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Lady Classic

merle&louise
04-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I noticed a nice 1998 Liberty Lady Classic on eBay today. It is purple and gold (LSU colors) so naturally I fell in love with it. Starting bid is $275K with no reserve; from the pictures it seems immaculate.:D

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Liberty Lady and a Liberty Lady Classic? I understand the Elegant Lady differences with 24 volt house electric systems, etc. but what is the deal with a Liberty Lady Classic? :confused:

A broker told me a couple of years ago not to buy a Liberty Lady Classic, but I can't remember why. Guess I have been hanging around to many "old guys" lately and my memory is failing. There is one good thing about hanging around with "old guys", they know more than the young guys!:rolleyes:

Toy Box
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Don't know why you would not want a classic. We are on our second one. The first was a 93 40XL . I bought it with 30,000 + - miles on it. Traveled 50,000 miles in the next six years... Tires, batterys, fuel and oil. And also regular p m work myself. Next is currently a 2000 45XL . So far after 3 years, tires, batterys, fuel and oil. and also, regular pm work myself. This one is such a dream to drive, use and service. The only thing I see different from the Elegant Lady is a little less glitz. Same drive train, same bus shell, same generator, same a/c system, same tankage, etc. Just a little less Lew-bucks up front.

merle&louise
04-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks Toy box, what the broker told me didn't make much sense to me either. The way I look at it, if Liberty puts their name on it - their reputation is at stake. That tells me that it is an excellent coach. :D

So I guess there are just 2 kinds of Libertys: a Classic and an Elegant Lady. The Elegant Lady has more glitz and the 24 volt system and the Classic has 12V system.

Thanks for your input, I'll look forward to seeing you in Kerrville.

Lee Bornstein
04-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Tuga:
Liberty Elegant Lady also has computer controlled power system. Touch panels control lights and most other functions whereas Classic has no computer and uses plain old reliable light switches.

See you in Kerrville..

Lee

merle&louise
04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Lee:

Thanks for the info, I like simple systems especially electrical. I am not very well versed in electrical repairs so I like the 12V systems.

We will be in Kerrville, Monday. Look forward to seeing you again.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Tuga, Your ebay buss looks pretty nice from afar. Mr. Olivers has sold many and I have heard good things about him, so that's also a good thing. You probably should look at it though!

There is also a 2001 Royal with 2 slides if you are tuned into them. More money!
More Buss????
Good Luck.
:) JIM