PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Lakes Branson Missouri

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I know I have read about Timeshare RV Resorts, and miscellaneous Owner Camp Grounds, but could not find the POST.

So here is my question, and sorry that lots of you are on the road, heading to POG III and have much better things on your minds, but I need to ask about this. :confused:

I have an opportunity to purchase an RV site at Treasure Lakes in Branson, Missouri. http://www.tlresort.com/mainpage.htm Price is less than a $1000 and only $200 a year maintenance fee. I live in Sugar Land, Tx. and don't know if I will get much use if any of this resort, but should I consider taking the offer anyway? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any and all comments. See ya'll next week.

Gary S.

dalej
04-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Gary, seems to me timeshare places want to get you to think you need to secure a place to park you coach. They like to act like all the places on earth are filling up, so you need to secure a place now!

I haven't heard of anyone that still thinks these are a great deal. There are companies that buy and sell timeshares, so that tells me people buy and then think it's not so great and decide to sell.

You can't rate me to high on this one, since I don't have any experience. Post comments if you buy so other will know the in's and out's.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Gary, I can debate either side of this issue in principal, but I personally don't have a good feeling about this particular one and don't think you should make a snap discission just because it is cheap. To my recollection there is still no free lunch. I can not get a feeling from the website that this place is a Prevost type facility. I think you must go there and check it out. No!:cool:
Yes!:rolleyes: JIM

merle&louise
04-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Gary, I agree with Dale and Jim. The only way time shares or buying a site in a RV resort will benefit you is if you love the area and plan to spend a great deal of time there. The sites that appreciate in value are the ones that are located in resort areas like FL and CA.

I would gauge this location low simply based on the cost; below $1000. You get what you pay for, just the asking price tells me that nobody wants it!

Karen and I considered buying a site in Port St. Lucie, FL at ORA. The prices ranged from $200K on up. We ultimately decided that we liked to travel more than we liked to sit in one place. So we didn't buy anything. No maintenance fees, no property taxes, no up keep.

Now for a full timer, it is different. They use the site for long periods of time; therefore, it pays for itself thru saved rental and price appreciation. But remember those taxes and fees!:mad:

Just my .02

lewpopp
04-19-2007, 11:13 PM
If you make a snap discission, or a snap decishun, or a snap decission, we want to know what you are doing.:D

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Peg and I talked about it, and after everyones respons' we decided not to do anything about buying a Treasure Lakes RV resort site, at least not at the present time.

We don't think we would ever really get up to Branson, Mo and use it, so it doesn't make cents to own something up there at this time.

Thanks again for your valued thoughts and opinions.

Looking forward to the coming week.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Peg and I talked about it, and after everyones respons' we decided not to do anything about buying a Treasure Lakes RV resort site, at least not at the present time.

We don't think we would ever really get up to Branson, Mo and use it, so it doesn't make cents to own something up there at this time.

Thanks again for your valued thoughts and opinions.

Looking forward to the coming week.

Now don't go and hold it against us if you find out you could have doubled your money on a speculative deal! You have to be responsible for anything and everything you get from this site and not hold anything against it or anyone.:p