PDA

View Full Version : Old Articles

georgiapeachinc
11-14-2021, 05:31 PM
I was spending some time today looking more closely at the POG site. In the articles section I found three interesting topics. The first and second was air over hydraulics part 1 and part 2. This looked like something similar I have on my coach that I raised questions about here on POG. Is anyone familiar with what we are looking at in this article?

The other article I found interesting was "Prevost suspension how does it work" The link to the video is or has been long gone. Anybody have an idea how we could regurgitate that interesting video?

truk4u
11-14-2021, 06:05 PM
Chris, if you’re referring to Hector’s video, it’s long gone and cannot be resurrected. Last I knew his file went down with the server it was on years ago.

georgiapeachinc
11-15-2021, 06:03 AM
Oh! That's too bad! I did some searching on YouTube and other places for an informative understanding of suspensions for Prevost but found none. His video sounded pretty good. Thanks for that info Tom.

Joe Camper
11-15-2021, 07:24 AM
Im assuming your chassis is a 94. So it may or may not have tag axle logic. Does your tag go up when the aux air pressure goes away?

The norgren air manifold that cotrols suspension, its the same bit of kit as from other manufactures that resto-mod air suspensions r using.

Velvac has an almost identical control manifold.

The infamous "bubbler" Hector built was what i would courtiously define as interesting and qiute unnessessary.

The way prevo makes continous small changes his pnewmatic schematic was generally applicable but was pretty specific to his year chassis.

What dont u understand? U open up da doe and da light go on. Ever try to educate yourself about something and come away more confused than when u started?

Have your mechanics noticed the volumes of additional items and plumbing used to control emergency air and service air on the bus compared to the way they plumb the same function on a tractor trailer? Over time ive grown to grasp the brake air design dont think id have wanted to get here out of a book.

Quite honistly i still dont understand all of the reason for suspension control design dont want or need to either. Still pickin up a tidbit here and a tidbit there.

Do i remember someone telling me u have bought a bluebird?

Gil_J
11-15-2021, 09:25 PM
I have Hector's file. He shared it with me quite some time ago. I just need to find it.

Ck2hans
11-16-2021, 10:41 AM
Gil:

I remember seeing that file and trying to open it sometime ago. would love to see it if you find it.

Chuck