PDA

View Full Version : Heading north to St Louis a good or bad idea around Christmas?

amt
11-02-2021, 09:45 PM
Hello. I am located in central Texas, and we have a "request" from relatives that we drive our motorhome up "north" to St Louis around Christmas. To be honest, I am a little concerned about weather at this time, especially since I just got the coach. So I am curious on what are member's thoughts on driving a Prevost in areas that can have bad winter weather.

IMO, I just assumed I would keep my destinations somewhat south during the winter months. I was going to limit my trips to out west and south Texas during the winter. Am I being unreasonable being hesitant to go up north? I realize this is not "way" north, but St Louis certainly gets snow. Just seems like a bad idea to go where there might be snow...

MusicianTrader
11-03-2021, 02:57 AM
Im from South texas currently in Northern Ohio....I love it!! I shall stick around for some snow and then leave
=)
These busses are designed for these types of weather. I suppose I wouldnt do it without having heating systems checked out/Maintenance'd

Ck2hans
11-03-2021, 08:17 AM
Remember these buses are made in and for Canadian weather, the driver is the limit not the bus. I grew up in FL and learned to drive in FL. I am a southern sissy and stay out of snow/icy weather only because of my lack of skills.
Chuck

Joe Camper
11-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Take it slow if weather gets bad. Ice is nothing to mess with for a novice but snow is fun.

Leaving Oklahoma

On my way through St louis.

This was a trip I made through St Louis March 2014

amt
11-04-2021, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the coach is fine for this weather. As for the driver, I am not ready :) I'll keep my driving to non-freezing weather for first year or so.

MIsheeTX
07-12-2023, 08:35 PM
We are there or through there regularly and even Cleveland area in winter and if the roads are safe for the semi's, it's usually good. Make sure your Webasto or equivalent is maintained and you will be fine.