PDA

View Full Version : Exterior sunshades for front windows

Marks71
10-30-2021, 12:41 PM
I"ve searched the forum and only come up with posts from 2009 .. sorry if I've missed more recent posts and this is redundant.

We have a 2008 Marathon Prevost H3-45 and will be spending many weeks during the summer on a lot that faces NW, so we'll get afternoon / evening sun...making me interested for the first time in those black sunshades that go on the outside of the windshield and front, side windows.

Our coach has snaps in all the right places ... so the previous owner must have had custom shades made. I've found a company RV Sunshades that does this for coaches, including Prevost, but they might not have a representative in the locations we plan to be. They send mobile techs in vans to measure, cut and install within several hours.

Any others have these installed? Are there other vendors besides RV Sunshades that use the snaps which I already have? Places we'll be between Jan and May will include Las Vegas, Indio, San Diego area, California Central Coast; and then Traverse City, Mi

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

WinterStorm
10-30-2021, 05:25 PM
Diego Maturana of Soul Shades (760) 699-4297 s.shades@yahoo.com in Indio, CA just did an Amazing job and provided Front, Driver’s, Passenger, windshield wipers and mirror covers for @$750. Highly recommend.

tnjet
10-30-2021, 07:13 PM
I have front window shades built by RV Sunshades. Love them. Had them on my last coach as well. They allow you to see out easily, but cut the intrusion of sun into the coach. Also provides a level of privacy as its hard to see in the coach when installed. Go For It!

Gil_J
10-30-2021, 07:57 PM
Here's another potential option, https://magneshade.com/

Joe Camper
10-30-2021, 10:05 PM
If it has the snaps in all the right places Marathon may have built it with them and have them.

Mark hope u have been well.

Marks71
10-31-2021, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I wear cochlear implants and it might be too dangerous to handle their magnets. In the process of researching. Plus I'd like to take advantage of existing snap rivets if possible. But they're on my backup list

Marks71
10-31-2021, 10:10 AM
I have front window shades built by RV Sunshades. Love them. Had them on my last coach as well. They allow you to see out easily, but cut the intrusion of sun into the coach. Also provides a level of privacy as its hard to see in the coach when installed. Go For It!

Yes, i just need to find an installer someplace I'm going to be

Marks71
10-31-2021, 10:10 AM
Diego Maturana of Soul Shades (760) 699-4297 s.shades@yahoo.com in Indio, CA just did an Amazing job and provided Front, Driver’s, Passenger, windshield wipers and mirror covers for @$750. Highly recommend.

Thanks I'll call him!

Marks71
10-31-2021, 10:12 AM
If it has the snaps in all the right places Marathon may have built it with them and have them.

Mark hope u have been well.

Thanks Joe. That was my first thought and I've asked. I think the answer is aftermarket bit I'm waiting for a final confirmation

I'm doing well thanks. Will send you a PM

BadFitter
11-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Just a comment... snaps on the fabric side are very easy to install. Someone might make you covers without snaps and as long as your match snap caps with your installed male fittings, you should be good to go.

truk4u
11-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Mark,

Contact Gordon Brown, he’s in Naples, FL in the winter and Michigan in the summer. He can do your shades using the current fasteners and he does excellent work. Here’s his contact info: https://rvsunshadeco.com/

Marks71
11-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Tom, thanks. I talked to Gordon last week and he said he's only in Florida and won't have anyone in traverse City next season

But thanks for the suggestion

Mark

Hoffman
11-01-2021, 09:19 PM
I Have RVSunShades with snaps and am very happy. Note that they can be stiff to put on when cold but with a bit of time in the sun, they soften and become much more manegable. Keep in mind that it takes a ladder to put them on/off.

Marks71
11-02-2021, 12:58 PM

So I just talked w/ Diego and he can do it on site when we're in Indio in March. He said $495 for the windshield and 2 side windows, and he'll custom cut and match it to the installed snap rivets. I didn't ask him about the wipers / mirror covers. THANKS for the referral.

Hoffman
11-02-2021, 02:38 PM
I got a quote from Diego for $485 for just mirrors and wipers. Seems a bit steep for me. No thanks.