PDA

View Full Version : OTR A/C Pump

garyde
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Getting ready to meet up with the California group this next thursday. My A/C pump sounds a liitle too noisey. Am thinking of stopping at Prevost @ Mira Loma on the way to Tucson. Is there anything I can check or Lube before deciding to have Prevost take a look at it. There is a label near by which talks about checking/ adding Oil but I'm not sure where to add it. Is this best done by a pro? Gary

Jon Wehrenberg
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Gary,

You cannot add compressor oil. It is installed in the system prior to adding refrigerant.

You can however determine if it is OK.

Open the passenger side door (the one by your bus batteries) and near the bottom of the compressor is a sight glass. You can see the oil level there. I believe with the compressor running it should show about half way up the sight glass.

garyde
04-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks Jon. There are two sight glasses on the compressor. I will run it tomorrow and check it out.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
The folks that serviced mine told me you need to run it for 15 or 20 min. before it gets up to the middle of the sight glass.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Gary,

I forgot to mention that before your oil quantity is down, your 134 will be long gone and the AC system will not function at all. If it does leak out it will generally be past the seal on the compressor.

lewpopp
04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Started out for Kerrville last Friday because of some sightseeing commitments and started traveling with my dogs' trusty "look a-like".

Tha t be mr Bill Miller who noticed that my coach istraveling low on the starboard side(passenger side to you Jeff) I measured it on several serfaces and terrain and found the right from 1 and 1/'2" lower to 2". That may be the reason I am all over the road. Need a good place to straighten that out in or near Houston or before. We are in New Orleans now . Jon, are you bringing your pit to POG III?

It would be nice to find out if that is my problem before I head back to Florida.

Lew

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Lew, I think one of the preferred Bus RV Centers in the Houston area is Birdland. You might just call them and see if they can be of any service to you. Be sure and check with Jerry, cause he knows for sure where you can go for service.

I am still very green and checking things out. Hope this helps?

This information was taken directly out of the authorized Country Coach Service Centers web site.

TEXAS

HOUSTON
Birdland Coach Service - Houston
[House]
5115 Rosslyn #1
Houston, TX 77018
(713) 682-6323

KATY
Southwest RV - Houston
[Dealership] [House]
27905 Katy Freeway
Katy, TX 77494
(281) 693-2800

Joe Cannarozzi
04-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Lews problem will require a 1/2 inch wrench, a tape measure, and about 10 minuites time.

One of the rear ride height valves in the cavity forward of the drive tires needs an adjustment.

Just Plain Jeff
04-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Lew:

As documented in the Florida mini-rally picture, your coach does have a sideways lean, which you have consistently refused to acknowledge. When a guy puts about 7800 pounds of heavy-duty tools, hardware, parts, air compressors, extra axles, brake shoes and GMC bus rims in the first bay slide, it is going to have an effect.

As the guys from Elmira would say, "Lewie, whatchya got all that stuff in there for? Gonna be a flood?"

Here's the answer: Take out all the stuff you haven't used since 1965 and throw it away. Then you'll solve the problem.

By the way, I agree with your other post. We also use what they call a M-A-P. Also, in the afternoon, the sun is in the west, so if you're heading toward the sun and it is afternoon, you can figure you are probably heading in that direction.

Don't need special gear for that. Good man. Stick with your Standard Oil Maps. Of course they don't have the interstate system on them, but like most things, the good stuff lasts forever.

Have a safe and fun trip!