PDA

View Full Version : Keep mats and rugs from "walking"

Jim_Scoggins
04-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Runners or mats sometimes have a tendency to walk and end up being a general pain.
This works: Use silicone sealant and apply a bunch to the back of the mat or rug. Be sure to let it cure well--several days--before putting it back down.

The amount I used on this mat was probably overkill but I was motivated!

MangoMike
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Jim,

Good tip. I'll be giving it a try.

Thanks

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
04-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Actually, if you don't want the area rug to move, apply the adhesive and flip it over onto the rug where it belongs. Why wait for it to cure?

Ray Davis
04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Assuming you may want to pull the rug up for cleaning or whatever, we've used the non-skid stuff they sell at Camping World. This stuff looks like a rubberized placemat, and can be purchased in rolls at an RV store.

Put some down under the throw rug, and it generally wont go anywhere, but can be easily picked up for cleaning.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Ray, That stuff you mentioned made me think of a product Barb uses to keep area rugs in place on hard surface floors. It is available at Walmart, K-Mart, Target, Lowes, or Home Depot. It is a thin waffle patterned rubbery material that is easily cut with scissors to size to be place between carpet and floor. Maybe you are suggesting the same. It works very well!
:) JIM

Ray Davis
04-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, that's exactly the stuff I'm talking about.