PDA

View Full Version : This Will Break Your Heart

Just Plain Jeff
04-08-2007, 04:36 PM
There's a 35-foot 1981 Prevost on ebay with just a few hours to go. Only one of three built and it looks to be pristine. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INCREDIBLE-35-PREVOST-COACH-WITH-ALL-THE-UPGRADES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50056QQihZ002Q QitemZ120103522412QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW ("http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INCREDIBLE-35-PREVOST-COACH-WITH-ALL-THE-UPGRADES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50056QQihZ002Q QitemZ120103522412QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW")

This puppy is one sweet coach and would steal the hearts and minds of those at POG III.

Mango?

Mango?

Yo.

Mango?

MangoMike
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Well Jeff,

Thanks for thinking of me and I think it would make a perfect #4 bus, after I lock up that XLII.

MangoBusLines

Joe Cannarozzi
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
He mabye wants to sell it, but doesn't have to sell it it, with that kind of reserve. If he gets that he did real good, as far as the market goes. What say you?

I think, however, that anybody who gets one of these profesionaly done for right around 100 even in need of repair is getting a pretty lot for the money. There are other ones out there, not that uncommon as a 35, but 40s done buy professional converters of their day, weather still around or not, that make very good buys, especially for people like Debbie and I.

If he gets it I'll be grinning ear to ear with him. That one looks like the little sister to ours.
I couldn't pull up any details. Who converted it?

Have no clue what the 35ft-factor would do to value?

Petervs
04-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh get real. WHo wants one of these? Too many shortcomings for me.

No polished stainless steel
No Series 60 Detroit
No 102 inch width
No 10 feet of length for all the extra storage and living space
Formica counters?
Roof airs like on a Winnebago, not even ducted
Chinese tires

OK, I admit I do really like the cool and classy rear windows. Might have to get some of those for mine!

Orren Zook
04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Phil Cooper has a 34 footer listed too! and for only $119500.

win42
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Now Peter don't be a snob. Any real bus owner would be proud to have this sweet nostalgia machine.

Petervs
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Now Harry, aka Win42....I am not trying to be snobby, rather just trying to point out some of the improvements we have come to enjoy as the genre has developed and matured.

If you want a coach from a trip down memory lane, try this one:

http://www.futurliner.com/index.html

Now that one is truly unique!

Be sure to read the details on the additional pages on the link, including the 200kw electric generator....seriously!

win42
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Son: I was in school when these new busses toured the United States displaying The Parade of Progress. Evidently they could not be too bad of a choice today. Someone paid $ 4 million dollars for one at last years Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale. They had gasolene engines. Even my relic Prevost has a diesel.
Your an OK guy Peter, I just had to yank your chain a little.

rmboies
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
[]Well Jeff,
Thanks for thinking of me and I think it would make a perfect #4 bus, after I lock up that XLII.
MangoBusLines]

Hey Mango, wanna go into business together? Is there money in buslines? ha~! Bob said he saw this GM coach at the Barrett-Jackson auction.....It is, well, very unique looking:rolleyes:

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I think the one Peter pointed out is a different buss of the same lineage. It sure has some beautiful stylish lines to it, but some of the mechanical's we all take for granted just aren't there. That kind of thing is good for collecting and showing! Definitely not practical by todays standards.
:) JIM