PDA

View Full Version : Motor Coach Country Club

garyde
04-07-2007, 10:50 PM
We just got back from a week in Tucson,Arizona. On our way home, we stayed in Indio ,California at the MotorCoach Country Club. We were struck by the amount of people with new Coaches. Aside from two dozen or so Prevosts, (Marathons,& Liberty's for the most part), we saw at least 14 to 20 Newell Coaches ,most all of them brand new! There were many new Country Coach Affinitys and Monaco Signatures , and others.
Of coarse, many people had 2 or three Harleys parked out front , Custom Golf Cart, and Mercedez or Hummer.
Quite the place. Gary

matsprt
04-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Gary,

Carl Blade has a couple of lots there. It is rumored that he sold 17 new Newells to people in the park last season. Our neighbors just ordered a new Newell. They are giving up their Affinity.

And yes it is quite nice there, we enjoy it.

Michael

Joe Cannarozzi
04-08-2007, 08:56 AM
We went hunting out there back when I was stationed at Pendolton. Sun went down before we got back to the car. Got so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face. I was driving a Yellow Cuda and didn't find it till we litterally bumped into it. That was lucky, the good old days. In 1980 that was the middle of nowhere. Changed a little?

Jim_Scoggins
04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Joe Cannarozzi:
Semper Fi!

Regards,
Jim
USMC
1964-91

jonnie
04-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Jim and Joe,

Have you ever been to Garden Spot of the high desert, 29 Palms?

John

jello_jeep
04-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Ahh.. 29 stumps... known for its year 'round tepid climate, tropical breezes and old world culture :)

jonnie
04-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Jeep,

All that is true, but it was a paradise compared to Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley or maybe not. Palm Springs was close and to much fun for young Marines.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-08-2007, 10:19 AM
29 Palms ahhhhhhhh yes. We had it pretty easy though.

1st Combat Engineers Support Co. Heavy Equipment Platoon.

We would set up tent city and then would have to do stuff like generator watch and keep the showers and laundry units going. The grunts would be up and gone before dawn, not us.

Jim, right back at ya. You might very well have been one of those pilots that would constantly rattle our tents with afterburners at very low altitude in the middle of the night:eek:

Or Jonnie mabye it might have been you?

Coloradobus
04-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes,
ORA Motorcoach Country Club, on the south side of Avenue 48, just east of Jefferson St nice place. We stayed there twice so far his year In 2002, we laughed who would pay $60-80,00 for a lot there, now they base out at $209,000 for a perimemter lot. Heard in February, Marathon took a lot in trade for a new coach. They re-sold this fully developed site for $650,000. Now, we aren't laughing that much. Oh Well, who'd-a--thunk prices would go that high.
Down the street at Desert Shores, a lot we were interested in last year for the high 3's as new, just re-sold for $630,000. Can you feel the GREEN just slipping thru you hands?:eek:

matsprt
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Unbelievable thing is that lot was NOT the highest resale....eek: :eek:
They are realclose to 7 figures.
There are a number of people there that have way too much money and nothing to do with it...and I'm NOT one of them.:(

Yes,
ORA Motorcoach Country Club, on the south side of Avenue 48, just east of Jefferson St nice place. We stayed there twice so far his year In 2002, we laughed who would pay $60-80,00 for a lot there, now they base out at $209,000 for a perimemter lot. Heard in February, Marathon took a lot in trade for a new coach. They re-sold this fully developed site for $650,000. Now, we aren't laughing that much. Oh Well, who'd-a--thunk prices would go that high.
Down the street at Desert Shores, a lot we were interested in last year for the high 3's as new, just re-sold for $630,000. Can you feel the GREEN just slipping thru you hands?:eek:

Joe Cannarozzi
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Deffinatly not out in the middle of nowhere any more. It gets very cold there at night, I don't think that has changed.

garyde
04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Desert Shore Resorts is right around the corner, Bob Lee from Country Coach developed it. Last year they were new and being offered in the low $400,000, with a 1200 sq ft Casitas. I suppose all 140 sites are sold out by now.

matsprt
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Gary,

Close, but there are still a few left. There are some resales coming on the market already.

Michael

Desert Shore Resorts is right around the corner, Bob Lee from Country Coach developed it. Last year they were new and being offered in the low $400,000, with a 1200 sq ft Casitas. I suppose all 140 sites are sold out by now.

mikedee
04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
We have been staying at a Outdoor Resort in Aguanga CA. The prices on the lots are from $60,000.00 to maybe $250,000.00. Very nice developed lots at a 100K. It has great weather in the winter and summer. I like the place for a couple reasons, great place to run my German Shorthair in a dry creek bed, and has a nice fenced dog park for guests to allow their pets to run free. I was going to buy a lot until a Corvette got my money.

BUSTER
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Guys
the Zittrer's and us were there last weekend from Friday to Monday. We had a great time and gave out some POGlll cards...GREAT PLACE....