PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes It Takes Pin Adjustments

Gil_J
04-03-2021, 04:54 PM
It's not often our Prevost Gen 1 through 3 slides need pin position adjustments. But it does happen. I helped a Royale owner diagnose and correct a pin adjustment issue. The actual slide work is not too difficult. What can be the biggest challenge is accessing the pin hardware.17437

Maxsboat
04-07-2021, 08:14 PM
Again, thanks Gil. I would have used a saw....had you not come over.

Hoffman
04-12-2021, 04:34 PM
My front pin on bedroom slide leaks a bit of oil. Making a mess of things behind the wheel skirt and a bit eventually on the ground. I think the oil is coming out the end of the pin itself. It seems to be leaking on the pin, not the
hoses or connections. This makes me think i need to remove and rebuild that assembly. It's located behind the bathroom vanity which makes accessing it difficult.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Gil_J
04-15-2021, 10:54 PM
There's no oil in the pin assemblies.

Hoffman
04-15-2021, 11:44 PM
Gil,
I'm assuming the plunger assembly is leaking the oil and the oil gets on the end of the pin. Then plunges thru the pin hole and builds up in the slide hole.
I'm also trying to determine how to rebuild this plunger assembly. Removing the rear slide pin assembly appears challenging without removing the whole slide.
Thoughts?

Gil_J
04-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Joe, I'm pretty confident there is no oil in the pin assemblies. I've taken them out and sure didn't have any oil leak. As for removal, you don't need to remove the slide if it's a Prevost slide.

Hoffman
04-16-2021, 11:14 AM
Gil,
I'm confused. The pin assemblies are hydraulic (at least on my coach). So I'm assuming there's oil in them. How do yours work?
In the attached picture, the red arrows show the hydraulic line connection points. The yellow lines are the possible bolts for removal, but the allen ones are really hard to get to and I'm wondering if removing the foreground bolts are sufficient.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17446&stc=1