PDA

View Full Version : Toad security

Ck2hans
02-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Heads up:
Had my toad parked right in front of the coach due to limited parking in the RV park. Locked the toad and put the key fob in the glove box right inside the entry door. While walking the dog later that evening I looked in the toad window and the doors were locked. After walking the dog I grabbed the toad door handle just to double check that it was locked. It unlocked and opened to my surprise. Turned out having the key fob in the glove box and the toad parked right in front of the coach was close enough to allow the door to unlock.

I now keep the key fob in the bedroom so it’s far enough away to not allow the toad to unlock.

Chuck

PrevostNewbie
02-02-2021, 08:15 PM
Heads up:
Had my toad parked right in front of the coach due to limited parking in the RV park. Locked the toad and put the key fob in the glove box right inside the entry door. While walking the dog later that evening I looked in the toad window and the doors were locked. After walking the dog I grabbed the toad door handle just to double check that it was locked. It unlocked and opened to my surprise. Turned out having the key fob in the glove box and the toad parked right in front of the coach was close enough to allow the door to unlock.

I now keep the key fob in the bedroom so it’s far enough away to not allow the toad to unlock.

Chuck
Great info, Love that you still use the Term "Glove Box". I do also.

BGLogistics
02-02-2021, 08:25 PM
As do I. Call me a relic, but what else would that storage compartment passenger side dash be called?

Joe Camper
02-02-2021, 08:29 PM
It aught to be what Mack trucks have made out of it. A very accessable and service friendly fuse box. Stick the gloves somewhere else.

PrevostNewbie
02-02-2021, 09:05 PM
As do I. Call me a relic, but what else would that storage compartment passenger side dash be called?

Good old fashioned saying right there. My Wife doesn't like this but growing up in New Hampshire we called a Purse a "Pocketbook".

PrevostNewbie
02-02-2021, 09:05 PM
Heads up:

Chuck

Chuck, you don't have an Ice Box in your bus do you?

BGLogistics
02-03-2021, 12:08 AM
Haha our "icebox" growing up was a Philco. My Grandma's was Frigidaire, Grandpa's (other side) was Kelvinator.

Ck2hans
02-03-2021, 06:50 AM
Hey Mike:
If my Aqua Hot ever quit working this time of year I might have a Ice Box.
Chuck

Ck2hans
02-03-2021, 06:58 AM
So help an old guy out.

What do you call a glove box these day?

Chuck

Canuck Chris
04-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Good point I just learned this as well with my new Ram!