PDA

View Full Version : Bikes to the Rally

truk4u
04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
How many are planning to bring bikes to the Rally? Trying to decide, but not all that familiar with Texass weather that time of year?

dalej
04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Tom, we are bringing our Road King. There is a ride planned I think. It sounds like a nice area of Texas and we have never seen that part. We hope to do some riding. I know they been having rain this past week, but you never know about the weather.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-03-2007, 10:16 AM
While Peg and I are both Lifetime HOG Members and Lifetime Houston Area 1 Harley members, we are without our Harleys at the present time. :o

If you have the ability to bring your bikes, I would say to absolutely bring them. Riding them through the hills of east Texas and all around the country side around Kerrville, will be truly a fantastic experience, you won't soon forget. http://www.texfiles.com/tourintexas/feb03/routes/index.htm

Don't let the possibility of a little rain scare you off. You know how it goes, "If you don't go for a ride, it won't rain."

You guys go and have a great time on your harleys, I will just be stuck peddling my two wheeler around the park. :(

JIM KELLER
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Gary, My wife and I are both riders but dont have a way to transport the bike to Texas this trip. Are you aware of a rental facility in the area of Kerrville to rent Harleys ?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Gary, My wife and I are both riders but dont have a way to transport the bike to Texas this trip. Are you aware of a rental facility in the area of Kerrville to rent Harleys ?

The Only place I could think of is Javelina Harley Davidson in Boerne, TX, about 35 miles http://www.javelinaharley.com/ from Kerrville, just down the road on I-10.

They said I should call Alamo HD for availability and such (210) 646-0499.

A Big Twin HD rents for about $130, for 24 hours. I left a message for more information, but feel free if you are more interested in whats available to call them at the (210) number above.

Gary S

JIM KELLER
04-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Gary, Thanks for the info. Wrote down the number to rent and waiting for a more precise weather forecast closer to Rally Week.

bill&jody
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
t4u-
mine's coming with.

but you knew that. :-)

wmm

dalej
04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
By any chance is anyone bringing one of these to Kerrville?

I saw a couple of them in Phoenix. They really caught my eye having never seen them before. I guess they just came out this January or so.

Want to read more?...http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/Daily_Auto_News/New_Spyder_Blends_Motorcycle_Trike.S173.A11892.htm l

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Kind'a looks like a personal watercraft with wheels. What is it really?:confused:

:p JIM

Chris and Debbie Yates
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Tom, I will be taking the roadglide to Kerrville. I rode the backroads in that area last year, great twisties and pretty country. The weather up here in North Texas has been fantastic for the past couple of days so I am keeping my fingers crossed for similar conditions. There is a cool town called Bandera a little South of where we will be staying, should be a fun ride down there for lunch. I will even pay:D

AP

truk4u
04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Yippee, AP is paying for lunch Dale, did you catch that!:D

dalej
04-13-2007, 08:19 AM
My mom always said... There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Kevin Erion
04-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Josh Hayes on the Erion Honda took Pole for todays AMA Formula Extreme Race.
Wish I was in going to POGlll but if we win today I guess I will settle for that instead, but my heart is in Kerrville.
Kevin

Jerry Winchester
04-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I wish you were here as well. We needed the master to demonstrate proper bus and tank cleaning techniques.

Good luck with the race.

JDUB

truk4u
04-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Great start Kevin, keep us posted on the race. I doubt will catch it on TV due to crack boys feeding frenzy.:p

Kevin Erion
04-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Tom, Josh went .3 better than yesterdays qualifying and our other rider, Aaron went faster as well and moved up the ladder to end up p2 at the end of the AM warm up session.
Looking good for the race, green flag at 5:00PM, I will let you know the results soon after the race is over.
Kevin

Chris and Debbie Yates
04-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Kevin, Kerrville should be on your route home after the race. Forget your heart, get your butt there.
Go team Erion:o

Kevin Erion
04-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Is there room for a 53' trailer, we have a stainless box on the front, does that count?
Josh Hayes, P1
Aaron Gobert, P2
Erion Honda 1 & 2, now I can keep looking for that Bunk Bed Marathon.
I am driving back to CA, leaving Birmingham Sunday late afternoon with a co-driver. I will see what time I will be near Kerrville. Is there room to come in, say Hi and turn around and go? We need to be in CA by Tuesday night.

It was go good day!

Hope all is well and thanks for the support,

Kevin

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Kevin, That a boy that's mighty good racing!:D Do make a point to try to stop at Kerrville to meet and greet! That would be important to you and others as well. I remember Skiffer posting some time ago that there will always be room for last min. plans.
I for one would be happy to visit with you outside the park if need be, but I hardly believe that would be necessary.
:) JIM

truk4u
04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Kevin,

Woo Hoo, good time in Bama!;) Come by Kerrville, call me and I'll find a place for that 53! We're now at JDUB's hanger and the feeding frenzy starts tomorrow. Hope to see you on the way home.

win42
04-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Kevin: Were at Kerrville now and I'm looking at about 4 45 footers with long trailers behid on their site. I'm sure there would be room for your rig. We all would be happy to see you.
When is the Laguna Seca race?