PDA

View Full Version : DDEC Reader / LED Bling

Loc
04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
DDEC READER

On Saturday, I met up with JDUB or the Doctor of DDEC to learn a little more about the DDEC reader. I really want to thank Jerry for taking the time out of his Saturday to play bus. In all, we spent more than four hours running the DDEC and talking bus. What a great way to spend a Saturday. On a side note, I had secured a proper offering (bottle of single malt hooch) for Jerry which I had planned on delivering Saturday. Unfortunately, on Friday evening, it was sacrificed with a chance meeting with the floor (that's my story). A replacement will be delivered in due course.

We spent a good deal of time running codes and looking at information on the DDEC. The best news is that there are no active codes and everything appears to be in pretty good order. We reset the historical codes (an old low coolant code resulting from a bad sensor that has been replaced). I now have DDEC reader envy. I will be lurking on ebay to see if I can snag one.

I also got a chance to see Jerry's bus. He and his bride (whom I also had the pleasure of meeting along with their youngest daughter) have done a great redo on the interior (upholstery, lighting, trim, etc) of their bus including an awesome wallpaper job. Unfortunately, no matter how much I talked or promised I couldn't get either to commit to help re-wallpaper my bus.

LED BLING

And finally for you doubting Thomases (spelling?), I can attest that the LED light on Jerry's POG II hat is still illuminated. While not a bright beam, there is light. Further having check the tamper seal on the battery, I can also attest that the same battery has been in use since its inception date.

truk4u
04-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Good grief LOC, surely you didn't put yourself in a bad position such as a confined space with no fresh air outlets while visiting Anaconda Boy.:eek: Some have had to call 911 for oxygen, just ask Mango.:p

PS - Never, never, never stand behind him while the crack is exposed!:D

Jerry Winchester
04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
While I appreciate the kind words, LOC is a LED Master who has been lurking along not confessing to his sweetly repainted coach which is covered in.......... LED lights. Of every kind.

I also have LED marker light envy as he installed the optional chrome trim rings that I opted not to order when I replaced all the marker lights. I'll blame Mike for that since he didn't buy any and I didn't want to one up him. My bad, but you can somehow blame most issues on MangoMike.

However, where I switched to LED bulbs on my other lights, LOC has completely changed the housings and has LED fixtures and has added some sweet LED strip lights above the engine access doors that act as third row brake and signal lights. Again, he has gone above and beyond.

If we can get him on to Kerrville, the vintage coaches will be well represented.

bill&jody
04-06-2007, 11:24 AM
jdub - you got a ddec reader?
any chance we can read/clear mine in kerrville?

wmm

Jerry Winchester
04-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Only if you show up.

I'll be there and the reader is in the coach, so we can plug it in and read away. As long as you keep A$$Crak4U Boy away from me while we do it.

truk4u
04-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, I'm your DDEC assistant, remember? It's my job to relay the technical data to the bus owner and collect the fee!;)

bill&jody
04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
if the creek don't rise, and the buckboard holds together, i'm there.
roughly translated, i already sent the check.
cheers,
wmm