PDA

View Full Version : Need help in preventing a Divorce!

Pete
12-07-2020, 09:13 AM
We have a three day trip coming up, and I just found out the light is out over her sink and make up area!!!!!!
The button stays red, and will not turn green, (although the button stays depressed) and the vanity lights will not come on. I checked the connections on the panel, ribbon cable, and on the lights, and they seem to be tight and secure. I has been intermittent in the past, but now will not work.

Ben Ochs
12-07-2020, 10:02 AM
Pete,

If your switches are like mine they operate through relays. Your schematic should show which relay operates her vanity lights. Swap a similar one that you know is working into its spot. If her light works, borrow a relay from a little used circuit for now. Replace bad one when convenient. Good to have some spares on board for just such an occasion.

Hope that helps.

Ben

Pete
12-07-2020, 10:54 AM
Thanks Ben, I will give that a try.

Hoffman
12-07-2020, 07:52 PM
There's also likely a fuse/breaker involved somewhere. However this feature sounds like it's a featherlight feature not Prevost so keep that in mind when searching for the appropriate relay/fuse/breaker.
For my 2001 Marathon, there's two 110 panels put in by Marathon. One operates off the inverters, one does not. While I'd be surprised, are you sure your makeup area light isn't on the non-inverter panel? Did you try ensuring you're plugged into good shore power or try starting the generator?

Joe Camper
12-08-2020, 07:20 AM
What do u mean the button stays depressed? That's not right is it?

Gil_J
12-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Pete, leave it alone. See what EJ is really made of. Of shit, I know EJ, fix the light!

I think those may be transistor switched relays. The panel is likely behind a closet wall mid coach. Hopefully, you have the electrical drawings that are provided with the coach. You might want to save some time and reach out to Donnie.

Pete
12-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Joe, my bus has two different styles of buttons. The square flat buttons that when depressed stay somewhat depressed. The other type have a smaller rounded, convex button, that change colors, but do not stay depressed.

SkinnerVic
12-08-2020, 06:28 PM
OK - I can help here. You have "latched" and non-latched dimmer types. I have a 99 Vantare, so I've been working with this recently. Here are the photos of that board...

Places where this all fails:
1) Make sure you have the lighting switch on the MDP (Paneltronics). I have done that - DOH!
2) Your main relay in Bay 2, Driver. See if you have a blow fuse/breaker for those. I don't have my schematic in front of me but there is a paper listing of circuits behind some plexiglass on the wall there next to the main black cabinet.
3) If you're confident you're getting a relay latched, and voltage is there, you need to pop the back panel in the stateroom hanging closet (by the vanity). You will see this needs a square tip driver.
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17143&stc=1http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17144&stc=1
4) You are interested (if like my 2609 above) in Relay 1 and Relay 2. Those will let you know if you have a problem. Measure coil to ground to see if you have voltage there, and then see if you're getting 120VAC on the backside of the relay going to the lights.

Hope that helps a bit.

Pete
12-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Thanks Mark, I will look into your suggestion. I assume the black panel you are referring to is the low voltage panel, rather than the gray 120v panel. I have to be away from home tomorrow, but will get back to it on Friday. Again, thanks for the input.

Loc
12-21-2020, 03:53 PM
I have a clamp on warming light you can use if you need it. Its really bright and will probably hang on one of the cabinet doors just fine. EJ won't notice. If that doesn't work, let me know if the couch is comfortable.

Pete
12-21-2020, 05:44 PM
Sounds like the voice of experience!!! I double checked all switches, and bulbs, all good. I then went to the electrical bay, removed the panel cover on the left side of the AC panel, checked all fuses, all OK. Still no vanity light. I then went to the DC display lights for each breaker, reset each one, then double checked each breaker again. None were indicating a tripped breaker. I had done every thing I knew to do. Buttoned everything up, went inside to the wife's vanity light, pressed the switch, and the light came on. Divorce delayed for now, GREMLINS I GUESS!

rfoster
12-23-2020, 04:14 PM
Pete:
Good thing there is a Santa!! Although I thought you were on the $h$t list.

SkinnerVic
12-23-2020, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear civility is restored.