PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee needs help for CC hurricance

lewpopp
03-31-2007, 09:28 AM
A wannabee around the corner from me haqs trouble with his Hurricane hot water heater in his 2003 Country Coach Allure. Do any of you guys know of that system. He has had about everything changed and it still cuts off in 1-2 minutes and then comes back on a couple more times and then quits altogether. He then has to tend the inside switch while his wife takes a shower to turn it back on etc, etc

This may be out of the ordinary, but if someone has some ideas it would be nice if you could e-mail him at www.laddcoinc@aol.com.

His name is Terry and you have my permission to harrass him into coming up with the 100 bucks for the POG

Lew

truk4u
03-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Lew,

I'll send him an e-mail, I had an 04 Allure with the Aqua Hot and maybe I can help.

Jim_Scoggins
04-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Had the Hurricane system in a 04 M380. Was very troublesome until we all quit screwing with it and let it do it's thing. The Hurricane by itself is pretty bullet proof but by the time coach builders change it around for their own installations it does get overly complicated. It is esssentially a small Aqua-hot low pressure diesel burner.

If your buddy has not done so have him call the folks at Hurricane. They are very helpfull. It turns out most of the systems need to be upgraded with a new control board to make things do right. Has he done this?

No joy to the website/email/whatever it was.

Have him call me if he wants:
540-752 1154 H
703 784 6665 W

Today at work would be fine.

Coloradobus
04-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Hurricanes are real fickle. Jim Rickson ,of Rickson Enterprises, Portland Oregon, was the orginal vendor for our Country Coach Affinity and Prevost XL. In the end, they changed out the air pump to a high volumn one in the bus. It ran better, but not perfect. Another thing to ckeck is the Bleed-Off wing-nut screw located on top of Hurricane box in the fuel line. This needs to be open just a bit. It helps to get air out of the fuel line as well as let fuel flow. If this is shut off completely, the Huriicane will go into "Runiing Flame out", needing for a manual reset on the control box itself.
Also, Hurricanes do not function very well much over 5000 ft in elevation.

truk4u
04-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey Lew,

I sent the guy and e-mail with no reply.:mad: Others are also trying to help, so does he want help or what!

Otherwise this thread is DOA..................

lewpopp
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I really expect he may answer you but he told me he received your e-mail.

He has replaced nearly everything including the control box.

We were fooling with the fuel/air control om the top that Jim mentioned and I'll see him tomorrow and have him just crack it.

He's getting ready to head home but I can't believe he would not answer you guys out of courtesy.

Lew