PDA

View Full Version : First Anniversary of Full-Timing

Ben
03-31-2007, 08:55 AM
I just posted on my blog ("http://whereisben.blogs.com/whereisben/2007/03/first_year_as_d.html") about my first year as a full-timer. You might find it to be an interesting read. It includes a full video tour of the bus.

truk4u
03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
So Ben, now we know what has taken you a year to accomplish! How many Ti... Bars have you visited in a year?:D

rmboies
03-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Ben,

Great story and it is difficult to believe it has been a year already!! :eek: Your nomadic life is a wonderful adventure and be thankful that you are young enough to do this and what a way to obtain continuing education:D

I am still waiting for you to head through the Carolinas and stop by--you should think about a lecture in Greenville, SC. It is a very progressive small city with quite a bit of interest in the arts and hi-tech. Asheville is gorgeous as well and that is not far. You could do a photographic study on my horses, hey there's an idea:p

Hope to see you again one of these days.....

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Nice story Ben, You certainly have an enviable life style. Work when and where you like and wright off the travel and accommodations as well. I like the narrow column format of your writing. It's easy to read. I also like the route map of your circuitous path. Would like to know how to do that sometime.

:) JIM

dalej
03-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Ben, I sure enjoy the reading on your site. I watched your video about the bus, seems it has made your life a lot more enjoyable.

Nice to keep up on your travels.

Ben
03-31-2007, 05:08 PM
That shot was from the Busstop in Boulder Colorado.

I lived in Boulder country (I was up in the mountains) and it took me about five years to learn that there was a stip club in town. The storage garage I have my personal stuf in is located across the street, so I parked at the Busstop and drove over to get stuff out of storage. The bar were closed at the time :mad:

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Ben,

It's OK to tell the truth. We understand. You don't have to cover up. You're a single guy.

I usually park around the back.

MangoMike
04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Ben,

Great story on the BLOG. Thanks for taking the time to detail your travels as of lot of us live vicariously thru your adventures. You're living the dream for a lot of folks. Maybe if you get bored in the future we can trade places for a while - you take the wife, kids and Mangomutt and I'll hit the road writing articles for the Star.

We'll miss you at POG III.

Mango

lewpopp
04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Ben, if you are a member of FMCA, send the article in and I'm sure they will publish as interesting an article as that.

Lew