PDA

View Full Version : dish washer

Jim_Scoggins
03-31-2007, 06:23 AM
1995 Liberty
The coach has a dishwasher but it does not work. Things happen electrically but there is no water flowing. Water pump is on.
Q1. Is there a water cut off valve hidden for the dish washer somewhere?

Thanks,
Jim

truk4u
03-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Jim,

There will be a water cutoff valve somewhere in your system, maybe one of the Liberty guys will jump in. Here's what Marathons cutoff valves look like:

Joe Cannarozzi
03-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Sorry to go off topic.

Has anyone tried to drill a whole bunch of small holes in stainless sheets?

A center punch a bunch of new bits and some oil?
What about bigger holes?

Can stainless for such an application be bent in an aluminum break?

Do you think think IBP has those manifolds.

Is there a trick to swetting that chrome plated stuff without damaging it?

Truk
Those 5 in the photo are what?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry to go off topic.

Has anyone tried to drill a whole bunch of small holes in stainless sheets?

A center punch a bunch of new bits and some oil?
What about bigger holes?

Can stainless for such an application be bent in an aluminum break?

Do you think think IBP has those manifolds.

Is there a trick to swetting that chrome plated stuff without damaging it?

Truk
Those 5 in the photo are what?

Joe, be more specific in what you mean by small holes and how many.
Yes it can easily be done.
What is the thickness of the metal?
How big are the big holes you mention?
Do you want to drill in something already on the Bus or are you building something in your shop?
Generally speaking for stainless, use a 135 degree split point drill bit.
Any bit should be very sharp and new is better.
Use a variable speed drill and run it slowly, with coolant, oil or water soluble.
If you are working in your shop back up the SS with wood and back off on pressure upon break through to get a clean and round hole.
Generally drill a small pilot hole first and enlarge it to size for small to medium size holes. Those tapered or stepped bits specifically for enlarging holes work well. Slow and sharp is a must.
For large holes use hole saws of the appropriate dia.. They must be sharp.
Do you mean a break made of aluminum, or one set up for aluminum.
Either way the thickness of the SS and how long/wide the bend will be will affect the quality (look) of the finished product. I guess you could get it done but if the break can not hold the work tightly you will get a larger radius bend, because of pull through from the flimsy set up.
Install threaded nipples into the mixing faucet and solder to them, not the faucet.
The manifold would be purchased or made up and then taken to a plating shop upon completion. The valve connection to the manifold is by threads, after plating.
:) JIM

garyde
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM
1995 Liberty
The coach has a dishwasher but it does not work. Things happen electrically but there is no water flowing. Water pump is on.
Q1. Is there a water cut off valve hidden for the dish washer somewhere?

Thanks,
Jim

Check under the kitchen sink for a seperate hose to the D/W. There should be a hot and cold connection I would think.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Jim,

This is a general comment because we do not have a DW. If there are no valves visible, look in adjacent cabinetry, and especially behind any removable panels. My refrigerator water line shut off for example is behind a panel under one of the vanities.

I have two comments. First, if the water is in fact shut off, be prepared to have a water leak if that is why it was shut off. Before I turned it on I would open every panel near or around the DW so I could see any leaks ASAP, and so I could mop things up. Or your problem may be as simple as a failed inlet water valve.

My second comment is a general complaint. Liberty does a lot very well, but their shut off valves and access to them is not one of those things. I wish our plumbing valves were off a manifold like Marathon and others do, or were in a cabinet near or adjacent to the fixture or device and were clearly marked.

One of the best things a new owner can do when first getting the coach and before all the personal stuff is brought on board is to open up every access panel to see what is there and to get an understanding of what has to be removed to service or shut something off.

Jim_Scoggins
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Found the water cut off for the dishwasher. Sure enough it was behind a vertical panel behind a clothes hamper. I had overlooked it--hadn't pulled enough panels.
Water was on but still wouldn't flow. Puttered around a bit and gave the water solonoid a couple of raps--and it worked. Ran a few cycles: no leaks, seals holding.
Better to be lucky than be good!

For info: Change out of the dishwasher would be easy. Plenty of room to work, long electrical cord, straight forward, screw in installation.

Even a cave man could do it.

garyde
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
It probably would be a good idea to put some labels on all of these panels thru-out my coach. There are probably a dozen which have no labels on them. Gary

win42
04-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Jon: You are not actually declaring Liberty has some short falls are you. Oh my god what's the world comoing to.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Harry ole boy, I am definitely telling it like it is.

They do a lot of things very well up there in North Chicago, and they really have the critical stuff nailed down. But, like any conversion they have their weak points and I think they could do a better job with their plumbing.

I think the Prevost shell is a whole lot better than the next best thing also, but there are some areas that I think Prevost should improve upon.

What I am very pleased to say is that the improvements made by both Liberty and Prevost between our 87 and our 97 were dramatic, and I think we all have to admit that our buses despite their flaws are very close to as good as it gets.

win42
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Jon: Well spoken per usual. We're very happy with our coach. Our first coach (plastic diesel pusher) was the same year as our present Prevost. the PC started it's desintigration within the first year and is probably on the scrap heap by now.
See you soon.