PDA

View Full Version : Where do you place the 'Rookie Stripe'?

mcirco
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
In early June, I will finally enter ranks of the Prevost Owners world when I will take delivery of a 2003 45' XL Country Coach with dual slides. This will be a long 2 months since I have to wait for the current owner to receive his new 2008 Prevost from Country Coach. Over the years I have been amazed how Prevosts 10-15 years old look as if they just rolled off the showroom floor. Is there any secret to keeping the stainless so beautiful - since I have only been in the fiberglass world up to now - I would like to start out on the right foot.

Miles Circo
Wittman, Maryland

garyde
03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Congradulations Miles. Its all a Journey...enjoy the ride! I use Turtle wax for Chrome ,Aluminum & S.S. I use Turtle wax liquidwax for the Paint. Seems to work very well. If you keep the Coach outside for lengths at a time, wash the roof every 2-3 months. Keeps down on Black Streaking. I usually wash the Coach every 1-2 months (Turtle Wax Car Wash)depending on the Weather. I live in dry area, so it does,nt need a lot of upkeep.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-31-2007, 07:32 AM
The rookie srtipe on a first time owner comes in the form of a GREAT BIG GRIN:D

We still haven't been able to shed ours, 1 year and counting.

Congradulations.

Had the previous owners known or were they interested in POG?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Miles,

Congratulations. I have never waxed my stainless. However, when I wash the coach I always dry the stainless before it water spots.

rfoster
03-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Miles : Congrats on the new coach. Like Joe says the rookie stripe is the big Grin!

A1 Jon says he has never waxed his stainless, that's cause he is waxing his slack adjusters, air valves caps inside and out, all the copper & brass tubing, his air intake, his wheels, his everything but stainless gets waxed! I think even the inside of his rims are shiny. He just doesn't have time after all that to wax more.

Welcome to POG, its good to have you.

truk4u
03-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Miles,

Welcome aboard, glad your making the Prevost plunge. Sounds like the next few months will drive you crazy, but it will be over before you know it and the grin won't go away for a long time. My bus is almost 10 years old and like many others in this group, you can't tell the age. There is no comparison with the plastic world. Like Jon said, dry the stainless and it will look great. I keep a spray bottle of vinegar and water in the bus and that takes care of the stainless.

Ask lots of questions, that's what were here for....

lewpopp
03-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Miles,

There are several schools of thought on the stainless. I was told by one knowledgeable owner that you shouldn't waste your time waxing the stainless. As Jon wipes it down after a washto control spots, I use some vunegar (just a drop or so) and water and use a microfiber cloth to touch up the coach inbetween washes when I notice a few spots.

What are you protecting when you wax SS? Without the wax you can keep it cleaner than with the wax. I have a 90 and am very proud if it.

You'll need rouge to really polish if you need that and I doubt you'll need that.
Lew

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Miles, welcome and good luck on the buy. Come to Kerrville without the bus. You can then be up to speed when you get yours.
For now it will be Waning before Waxing.:p
;) JIM

dalej
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Miles, Jim had a great idea. It would be well worth your time to spend a few days with the owners of these coachs. You can get familiar with the main things.

If you can't make it, we will all be here for you.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Miles, Jim had a great idea. It would be well worth your time to spend a few days with the owners of these coachs. You can get familiar with the main things.

If you can't make it, we will all be here for you.

Miles, the main thing is FUN!:D The Bus is the catalyst.:p There will be plenty of catalysts at POG 3.:eek:

Come if you can.;) JIM

rmboies
03-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Miles,

Congratulations on the new ride! Send pictures please and as others have stated, why not fly in and drive to POGIII? You can listen in on all the great information everyone has to share and party too:D

mcirco
03-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome into the group. It's seems the stainless is going to be the easiest part of the bus to maintain. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow me to get to Kerrville. After seeing the schedule of events, I know my wife (Laura) and I would have enjoyed it. We had recently attended the Country Coach rally in Georgia and only a few of the technical sessions were applicable to the Prevost. I was still focused on maintaining my 2000 Magna and only dreamed of eventually getting a Prevost. Just as we were leaving did I hear about the 2003 Prevost being traded in on a new 2008 - the next day I got the pictures and it was love at first sight.

Miles and Laura Circo
2003 45' XL Country Coach

MangoMike
04-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Miles,

Welcome to POG!

It's about time we added someone else from this part of the world. At Wittman you're about halfway between Mango Mike's in Alexandria and Bethany Beach. So when you get the new bus you can roll into town, with a reserved parking space for dinner and do a little show and tell. The staff likes bus guys as they're all BIG tippers. (except you know who).

The next few months for you are going to seem like a 10 year old waiting for Christmas.

Mike

Jerry Winchester
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Miles,

Mike is also in the maintenance business, so feel free to call him up on the weekends so he can get his bus work fetish taken care of. He also owns two coaches, so he was in a class all by himself until recently.

Welcome and hope the wait is not troublesome.

JDUB